The City Commission has made the following changes to the Solid Waste Ordinance:
1. Property owners will be allowed to request cart size changes only during the months of January and July.
2. The number of free pickup weeks is being revised. The July 2013-June 2014 schedule is as follow:
- July 30 – August 2
- September 10 – September 13
- November 12 – November 15
- January 14 – January 17
- March 11 – March 14
- May 13 – May 16
The schedule is, after July 2013, the second full week of every other month. Material set out during the free week must still be containerized and less than 50lbs., no cardboard boxes can be used as a container.
3. Vouchers for City overflow bags will no longer be distributed. The price of overflow bags has been reduced to $1.00 per bag, available in a 6 bag roll at Frankfort Kroger (East and West), and Pic Pac (Second St) for $6.00 per roll.
City of Frankfort Division of Solid Waste
315 W Second St, PO Box 697,
Frankfort KY 40602
Solid waste collection holiday schedule
Labor Day 9-2-13 Recycling Center closed
Veterans Day 11/11/13 Recycling Center closed
Thanksgiving Day 11/28/13 pick up day = 12/2/13
Day after Thanksgiving 11/29/13 pick up day = 12/2/13
Christmas Eve 12/24/13 pick up day = 12/23/13
Christmas Day 12/25/13 pick up day = 12/23/13
New Year’s Eve 12/31/13 pick up day = 12/30/13
New Year’s Day 1/1/14 pick up day = 12/30/13
All garbage and recycling must be set out by 7:00am the day of collection. For more information please call City of Frankfort Division of Solid Waste (502) 875-8527 or 352-2088. For the complete garbage and recycle regulations check the City of Frankfort website at www.frankfort.ky.gov